Are You Suffering from Chronic Back Pain?￼
Are you suffering from chronic back pain? Chronic back pain is defined as lasting pain for more than three months. The pain may be present throughout the day or may come and go. Spinal arthritis, Spinal stenosis, myofascial pain syndrome, and disc problems are common causes of chronic back pain. You can diagnose the pain by taking some tests such as CT scans, MRI, bone scans, and even X-rays.
Once you have found it, you need to treat the issue, and surgery is not the only way to treat chronic back pain. Here are the lists of other treatments:
- Physical therapy – Under the guidance of your physician and spine physical therapist, you need to do exercise.
- Diet – You can follow a healthy diet after consulting your doctor to maintain weight and minimize back pain.
- Mindfulness and meditation – You will get frustrated and depressed because of the pain, and practicing yoga will help you.
- Lifestyle modifications – Try to bring changes in your routine lifestyle, including quitting smoking.
- Injection-based treatments – Some injection-based treatments for this back pain and try them.
- Alternative treatments – Laser therapy, acupuncture, and other nonsurgical spine treatments will effectively treat chronic back pain.
- Pharmacologic treatments – Chronic back pain can be managed with analgesics, anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, and other medications.